Stage 1
Molding
Molding to me was fine, not disgusting, no discomfort, nothing at all.
Just that when the dentist removes the mold, it feels as if my whole row of teeth are being pulled off.
Oh, the only discomfort was when the dentist tried to put in the mouth-opener, it's pretty hard to squeeze that into my mouth and we took quite some time to "pull" my lips here and there to squeeze in.
Stage 2
Xray
Xray to me was fine. It's just a 5-min process job.
Had a skull and teeth xray.
and now I know how do I really look like.
Stage 3
Options given to you
Dentist will give you options of what can be done to your teeth
Stage 4
Extraction
22-12-2009
Extracted 2 teeth today. 2 more next week.
Basically it started off with anaesthetic cream and then, anaesthetic injection.
I had four, two up and two down on the gums.
It did not hurt that much but can feel that pinch!
After which, my mouth was swollen and had to wait for awhile to take effect.
I put on teeth separators as well, maybe it's for future purposes.
After perhaps 10minutes, I had my extraction.
I can't feel the pain but can feel the difficulty of extracting.
That makes me sick as it sucks knowing that your tooth is hard to extract.
well,within 10minutes, your teeth are extracted.( :
29-12-2009
2nd Extraction done!
4 teeth gone.
Let me talk about the previous extraction + separators.
Separators caused me uncomfortness.
I couldn't bite and I could only stare and drool over food
Separators were removed today!
Hurray, BUT
He put in metal big brackets on my big tooth at the back, I don't know what's that, along with Cement.
I don't know if I can bite with that but definitely, it's cutting my mouth!
Today's extraction hurts more.
The injections were terrible, I could feel the sharp pain.
Hope that I'll be fine later on...
Next week,
Brackets on, which means you will see me with little brackets on my teeth.
Stage 5
Brackets
05-01-2010
Ceramic Braces
Lil Brackets are on my teeth now.
Firstly, the dentist will polish your teeth.
Next, he will put on glue and leave it to stick for some time.
After which, he will put on the lil brackets on your teeth
This time, it requires around 30-60minutes for the brackets to stick on the teeth
After that, he will put on lil rings and start wiring them.
The entire process takes around 10minutes.
It doesn't cause much discomfort or pain.
Just that, you will feel something popping out now and the tightness is there.
Till then, I shall update more.
Else, that's the end.
( :
Conclusion: Stage 4 is the worst.
-----------------------------------------------------------
9 February 2010
First month of Braces is over
There is slight movement of teeth, so far so good.
Second Month of braces start
Hurts when the dentist change the wire.
:S
23 March 2010
2nd month of braces is over.
Well, huge movement, lots of gaps, teeth are moving!
Today wasn't that bad, it doesn't hurt as much as last month.
Dentist removed the rubberbands and changed new rings for me.
Teeth are clean and white!
=D
27 April 2010
3rd month of braces is over.
Top row of teeth are straight, just that there are gaps again.
Top row moves faster than bottom!
Today, thicker wires were insalled and longer rubberbands for lower teeth.
Hope I'll be fine.
( :
1 June 2010
4th month of braces is over.
somehow all the gaps are closing.
I believe very soon my teeth will be in line.
However, there's one gap which is pretty stubborn. It did not move after one month.
Teeth will always look brighter and cleaner after each visit but this time,
after doing I ate Lontong which caused all brackets to be yellow ):
Next time have to be careful about this!
Till then...